Depots

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Depots

Post by Estralis Seborian »

The following places have new depots now:

Greenbriar
Varshikar
Silverbrand

If there are any places that could use a depot, let me know. But please, only places that are reasonable. Somewhere in the wilderness, right next to a monster spawn is NOT a place where people usually store their goods.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Shouldn't the Castle get one too?
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

Maybe in the building in Trollsbane that has the anvil, glass oven and other craftsmanship stuff so that you dont have to run all the way back to the shop if you forget one tool?
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

Farmers Union, fo sho
Talaena Landessi

Post by Talaena Landessi »

if i am correct there is the farmers union which has two plots of land, i think it should get one and there is another place with like 3 for 4 plots of farmland that should also recieve a depot due to it bieng so far from anything else
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Ezor Edwickton wrote:Shouldn't the Castle get one too?
WOW! A non-member of the GR asks for a depot for our Castle. Thats great. Thank you Ezor ;)

But yes, we need a depot or a chest which works. Until now it was said, we get one, when the new local depot-system comes. Thus we wait patiently. :)
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

Jori wrote:Maybe in the building in Trollsbane that has the anvil, glass oven and other craftsmanship stuff so that you dont have to run all the way back to the shop if you forget one tool?
I think, there shouldnt be one there. And if the depot of silverbrand is still on the place like last days, please change the position a bit.
I dont like too short ways from depot to production places...

(And thats the point why I dont like the position of the spinning wheel and so...)
Estralis Seborian

Graue Zuflucht
Troll's Bane Workshop
Farmers Union
Anything else?
Athian

Post by Athian »

does the skull cave have one? does anyone even use that anymore for that fact :?:
Terook Telcove

Post by Terook Telcove »

One in the woods somewhere :) for thieves and people that are banned from town
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

[sarcasm]Because what we really need right now is another Movement.[/sarcasm]
Terook Telcove

Post by Terook Telcove »

No I never did like the movement, but wouldnt thieves or people on the outsides of towns, have a place for them to go, and store their things
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

Terook Telcove wrote:No I never did like the movement, but wouldnt thieves or people on the outsides of towns, have a place for them to go, and store their things
Then the thieves should build a hiding place where they can store their stolen wares.

Only a point of view. A depot somewhere in the wood with nothing around? I think not the right way...
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Terook Telcove wrote:One in the woods somewhere :) for thieves and people that are banned from town
I was thinking of something similar earlier, but at the Docks. Meaning that the Docks become some sort of haven and crossroads for all sorts of walking scumbags, scurvy landrats, rapscallions and other scoundrels; arrr har har. Perhaps another non-racial settlement could slowly form around them; making way for a town that declares a certain level of independence from Troll's Bane and the others. But this is all just some rambling, I've actually posted "The Docks" earlier, but deleted it again, because I'm unsure whether it would be a good idea or not.
Terook Telcove

Post by Terook Telcove »

There is a place

The bandits hide out :)
Ceigan Ibatha
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Ceigan Ibatha »

There not very keen on letting new members in though. ><. I like the docks idea.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

A depot somewhere outside of Trollsbane would be nice. I like Sian's dock idea, a place for shady folks to hang around.

Sure, thieves could build a place for themselves...but to do that, they'd have to collect tons of ingots and pay fees every month. But it shouldn't take ingots to pile a few old stones for a wall and make a place to store items in. :wink:
Derinoar Fallvictor

Post by Derinoar Fallvictor »

Quinasa wrote:[sarcasm]Because what we really need right now is another Movement.[/sarcasm]

I resent that... :-) you know we made the game more interesting.

Then the thieves should build a hiding place where they can store their stolen wares.
I was thinking more of a place out in the woods for Rogues and Bandits like good old Derinoar.... Was considering starting work on this project but other things kept me away form it i might get to work on that soon ;-)
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

but wouldnt thieves or people on the outsides of towns, have a place for them to go, and store their things
How about some small ruins be built somewhere out of town and a depot be placed there, because a depot out of town is a great idea, but you cannot just have it just anywhere in the middle of nowhere. And besides most of the island is so barren anyway.
Tzi Hahasus

Post by Tzi Hahasus »

Well, the elf island doesn't have a depot. Or I just haven't found it. I was thinking it's kind of strange to have a whole island for elves but no depot, so they still need to go to Trollsbane to store more than they can carry.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

It doesn't have a merchant either.
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

Actually, it doesn't have much of anything.
Estralis Seborian

Vanima (isn't that the name of the elven island?) and the harbor have now a depot. The harbor depot can be used by the farmers, it is not that far away.
Mimblethorp

Post by Mimblethorp »

But wait, I though guilds that had paid for depots in the past were supposed to get them. I believe the Farmers Union had bought one before, the idea being that only guild members were supposed to be allowed to use it.

If that isn't right, can guilds rebuy depots they have lost?
Estralis Seborian

One day, we will have seperated depots. I assume it will be no problem to have one for the farmers. The number of depots was reduced, one depot per city is normal now. If we have depots everywhere, this won't help.

But lets wait for the next update of the map.
The-Puppeteer

Post by The-Puppeteer »

But there are atleast two in trollsbane...
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Is that such a huge problem for you ?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Yes, indeed it is.

Varshikar should have at least 10 depots. So yes keikan it is a problem...

And i say the farmers should have a depot which they can take where ever they wish at any given time.. If you have read terry pratchett you could base it upon the ' luggage'

So yes Keikan there is a problem

* shifty eyed look *
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Aristeaus wrote:Varshikar should have at least 10 depots.
Distance killed Varshikar!
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

You are aware, that I can change every depot (on future maps) into a pottet plant within moments ? ;)
I just need to replace one item ID with another, and even notepad is able to do such a basic task with only little clicks.

As Estralis mentioned, as soon as not every depot has the same content when you open it, every buliding, maybe even every floor, can have its own depot.

If you think Varshikar is dead, Fooser, try to sell it and re-build it somewhere else where its not to far away from a fictional center. ;)