can someone answer these questions please

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

reidan

can someone answer these questions please

Post by reidan »

Ya i just want to know the difference between blacksmithing and smithing.
Also what do you have to do to make weapons that have wood in them eg. morning star and mace. ive tried everythig i could come up with and still cant get it. Can ya help me please
Bloodhearte

Re: can someone answer these questions please

Post by Bloodhearte »

reidan wrote:Ya i just want to know the difference between blacksmithing and smithing.
Beats the hell out of me. :lol: Do you have to know the difference to get what you're trying to do, or is it an RP thing?
Also what do you have to do to make weapons that have wood in them eg. morning star and mace. ive tried everythig i could come up with and still cant get it. Can ya help me please
Before somebody else tells you, I might as well:

Ask in-game.

This isn't to be mean or curt, but it's very preferable that people don't come on the boards asking for technical ways of doing stuff...otherwise everybody will know how and there's nothing to figure out for yourself.

Asking a dwarf is a good idea if you see one.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I am not sure but i think blacksmithing is making metal objects and smithing is putting together an object from pieces (i.e axehandle + axe head = axe)
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

We do not know any difference ingame between smithing and blacksmithing. What we know is a difference between smithing/blacksmithing and goldsmithing.

The idea of the game is not that you are trying to craft everything that is possible by yourself. Therefore many items are a combination of different materials you have to assemble. If you are roleplaying a smith you should not try to go out, cut a tree and craft a handle for your blade, for exactly this is what is meant by bad roleplay, but go out an find someone to make a contract about a delivery of handles. You will pay him for his handles and sell your swords and daggers, hammers and whatever you smith to someone else.

We know that this idea is embarrassed due the lack of players but it shall show you how to act properly.
(for those who know want to flame: I know: you can properly roleplay a woodcrafting smith....)
Argo

Post by Argo »

Ask in-game.

This isn't to be mean or curt, but it's very preferable that people don't come on the boards asking for technical ways of doing stuff...otherwise everybody will know how and there's nothing to figure out for yourself.

Asking a dwarf is a good idea if you see one.
Well nobody ingame knows either ive tried to ask for myself.. and im a dwarf..
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

Argo wrote:Well nobody ingame knows either ive tried to ask for myself.. and im a dwarf..
Oh nobody knows it? Then first there must be a master of smithing so good.

And you are a dwarf? A young little dwarf? Do you think, a dwarf will be born with the whole knowledge of his race? Or do a dwarf have to learn somthing also?

So hold such informations inside the game!!!

And second. This is a ROLEPLAYing game. Not a production simulation.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Argo wrote:Well nobody ingame knows either ive tried to ask for myself.. and im a dwarf..
I had that problem too, with magic namely.

Illarion is a game that could require bucket loads of patience...all I can suggest is waiting until somebody worthy comes around and you get the chance to ask him. I'd get in game with one of my characters and help you out, but I have no idea how the current smithing system works.
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

Someone might as well answer the question. And really if you're supposed to learn so much in game, what are you supposed to do ask someone ig the key combinations? I'd hardly call that good rp :?
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Ok. I looked it up.

Blacksmith: A person who smiths the black metal Iron
Smith: A person who works with metals.

The diffrence is basicly a distiction. As in blacksmithing is a special type of smithing that deals with iron.