Boerd, and mission failed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ziel Oden

Boerd, and mission failed

Post by Ziel Oden »

i was gone awhile becuase i was tierd waiting for the char whipe. Ive come back and apparently the charwhipe happened, so ive completed the boering registration process. So im basicly in limbo waiting for my account to be accepted.

In other news i tried to bring RP to runescape. MISSION FAILED. everyone there didnt even know what RP was. I tried making them RP druids, but they kept saying lol, and logging out and in saying they went to the bathroom.... sheesh.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

You going to Runescape and trying to "Teach them RP" is just the same as someone from runescape coming here and trying to "teach people powergaming".

Illarion is about Roleplay, Runescape is about skills.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

We could have saved you the effort and told you that was not possible.
Irania

Post by Irania »

Heh heh. Runescape should be one of the words that get bleeped out on the forums.
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

Vindigan wrote:Illarion is about Roleplay, Runescape is about skills.
Theres no way to say it with better words ;)
Mimblethorp

Post by Mimblethorp »

Irania wrote:Heh heh. Runescape should be one of the words that get bleeped out on the forums.
I dunno, could be a good thing to mention it here. Then those people that come here thinking to powergame and get upset because they can't and try pushing this game (unsuccessfully) to become a non-RP game, know where they can go...If they ask me...I'll tell 'em where to go!heheh :shock:
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

I'll tell em to go smile :D
Moirear Sian

Re: Boerd, and mission failed

Post by Moirear Sian »

Ziel Oden wrote:In other news i tried to bring RP to runescape. MISSION FAILED. everyone there didnt even know what RP was. I tried making them RP druids, but they kept saying lol, and logging out and in saying they went to the bathroom.... sheesh.
This thread, for some odd reason, distantly reminds me of those kiddy-puzzles where you have to fit basically shaped figures like circle, square, crescent moon, and triangle into their designated spots. Trying the abovementioned in the quote is like trying to jam the square into the moon-shaped spot—it just won't fit.

But saying that Illarion has nothing to do with skills, items, and a handful of various other mathematical factors, is like trying to shove the moon-shaped puzzle piece into the spot of the square—it will fit in, but it's not filling out the entire space.
Aristeaus

Re: Boerd, and mission failed

Post by Aristeaus »

But saying that Illarion has nothing to do with skills, items, and a handful of various other mathematical factors, is like trying to shove the moon-shaped puzzle piece into the spot of the square—it will fit in, but it's not filling out the entire space.
Dont worry people, Sian really isnt a smart arse like he seems, he has a book of sayings which he uses :p
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

I make these things up in my free time.

Imagination, 'tis called. ;)
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Come come Sian, we both know that you dont have the time for this imagination, being a high payed exec like myself takes all our time!
Irania

Post by Irania »

Yeah, if by high paying exec you mean go to bars and drink beer. *g*
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Irania!!! im hurt, how can you think i do such things.

In my spare time i am a saint who frowns upon the consumption of beer and such.!
Mimblethorp

Post by Mimblethorp »

Heck yeah, that's one of the great advantages of this RP environment, we can get drunk, say stupid things and make a fool of ourselves without the morning after hangover and career repercussions.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Irania wrote:Yeah, if by high paying exec you mean go to bars and drink beer. *g*
But that's what high paying execs do, didn't you know?
Aristeaus wrote:In my spare time i am a saint who frowns upon the consumption of beer and such.!
Of course, me too. *cough*
After all, we just do it for the company and to stay integer, do we not.
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

I got my account accepted =) now i have to get my player accepted.. poor ziel.. still in limbo he be.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Ziel Oden wrote:I got my account accepted =) now i have to get my player accepted.. poor ziel.. still in limbo he be.
Someone is playing you? Sure you don't mean your character? :lol: