balacing, and the wipe/ Balancing, und der Wipe

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

ezo wrote:
Condemning it would mean I am refusing to try it
Actually condemning something means to "To express strong disapproval" which is what many people are doing. I agree somewhat with your views though Cain and as always value other peoples opinions. :wink:

Edit: Damn posted this before I was told to shut up
Everyone's a technical genius when they know about dictionary.com :roll: Why does everyone always have to be 100% technical about silly little things like that? You know what? Fine, I'm condemning it by your dictionary definition. But situational speech is different from grammatically correct technicality.
ezo
Location: Jolly old England. Toodle-pip Heavens above! How smashing!!

Post by ezo »

Damn foiled again :wink: Seriously though it's not really such a big deal.

Perhaps it won't work for the reason you stated perhaps it will work...let's just wait and see.
Last edited by ezo on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

*SPLASH!*

Pours some ice cold water on the topic just incase

Now now boys postive attuides... :-D

Please dont hurt me
Last edited by Kincent Nolatri on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
martin

Post by martin »

LOL

Incredible.

Sometimes I just wish to set banned-statuses at will ;)

Martin
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Kincent Nolatri wrote:*SPLASH!*

Pours some ice cold water on the topic just incase

Now now boys postive attuides... :-D

Please dont hurt me
A good, heated argument is one to behold, not one to extinguish. ;)
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

I didnt extinguish it, I simply could the gril down. You know when your cooking high quilty black angus hamburgers, you wont the gril just the tempature just incase you have to walk inside to get another slice of cheese ;)
ezo

Post by ezo »

So basically you were trying to keep the argument going at a steady rate and end up with somehting tasty and satisfying at the end, at the same time trying to prevent it from getting burnt?

Or am I reading too much into this hamburger analogy?
Kincent Nolatri

Tomato To-mato

Lets say I was trying to keep it a A good, heated argument that will actually help something instead of a it slowly buring and becoming a flame war.

ps- yeah ezo what i just said = pretty much
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

How can people argue and complain about something they havent seen or tried yet?
I think the idea was to go IG and try it.....then say what you dont like and how to make it better.
Making things faster now then upping it later will just lead to the 10x type arguement all over again.
Lets try it first. Then be constructive...not just say I dont like it because its too slow or too hard.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I will of course give it a try I just don't think it would work very well. I didn't say it CAN'T work.
Kincent Nolatri

Kincent Nolatri wrote:Lets giving it a chance first Cain.. if we get on and tell with in a few days that it wont work.. we'll need immedaite action. If we do it for afew weeks and it doesnt work out, then we can find another way. OR this could be a great system that we'll end up loving! Who knows a few years for now you could be fighitng to keep the new system we are geting to stay just like we one we have now
I agree
Last edited by Kincent Nolatri on Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Kincent Nolatri wrote:Tomato To-mato

Lets say I was trying to keep it a A good, heated argument that will actually help something instead of a it slowly buring and becoming a flame war.

ps- yeah ezo what i just said = pretty much
You suck!
No you suck!
Well... you blow!
Bah, screw you!

Oops... not enough water, Kincent.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook wrote:How can people argue and complain about something they havent seen or tried yet?
The same way anyone can argue about religion, I suppose. ;)

And I'll never let go of the 10x argument, because I still feel it was far too much. The staff doesn't trust anyone, and that's why it was done. And no one said it was doomed to fail. I was only voicing my strong disapproving opinion, which is apparently a flagrant error.
Last edited by Cain Freemont on Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ezo

Post by ezo »

Ok, I think we are going around in circles now....
Last edited by ezo on Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kincent Nolatri

..Damn I tried to keep it peaceful.. I really did :D
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

ezo wrote:Ok, I think we are going around in circles now....
Haven't we been doing so since page 2 or so? :lol:
ezo

Post by ezo »

Yes we have, but the fact we have been going round in circles for so long is starting to make me feel dizzy...
Kincent Nolatri

I love you guys...

I really think we should give this system a try and lay this thread down for a while now fellows... a few of my hambugers are to crispy and a little blacked on the bottom...
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Fine, lock the topic and let the posts suffocate ^-^
Kincent Nolatri

No no... locking is bad
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I know :twisted:
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

falco1029 wrote:Fine, lock the topic and let the posts suffocate ^-^
But suffocating the meat will make it stagnant. XD Alright I'm done. :o
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

LOL

Incredible.

Sometimes I just wish to set banned-statuses at will

Martin
Sometimes I wish you had that too. And to the argument of having too little players, don't you think a lot of players will actually come back to try these things out? I mean, I have not seen Kincent/Derinaor and Ezo in ages. :wink:
Kincent Nolatri

You forgot Sian, Sess'sth and a few others Misjbar
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Cassandra Fjurin wrote:What do you think is better:

creating 100 swords in 20 minutes while clicking 500 times and sell them for 200 Gold

or

creating 2 swords in 20 minutes with different production steps and sell them for 200 Gold
What do you think is better:

Creating 50 swords in 20 minutes while trying to make 100 and sell them for 100 gold in total

or

Trying to make 10 swords with 10 steps each and failing all 10 swords because you always fail at least one of the 10 steps (each time another step, for example), loosing one's material and get 0 Gold in 1 hour and 40 minutes?

Shall I calculate the chance of getting a full item when 10 steps are needed and 50% of all steps fail (low skill)? Well, it is
(1/2)^10 => 1/1024!

EDIT: Just noticed the wipe took plce. I will have a look inside.
Last edited by Rackere Diplomatre on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Alright....This is bad.

Sorry, couldent resist ;)

The graphics in buildings are really messy, the walls, the depots in the shop, they're all overlapping in horribly unatural ways.
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

The Returner wrote:Alright....This is bad.

Sorry, couldent resist ;)

The graphics in buildings are really messy, the walls, the depots in the shop, they're all overlapping in horribly unatural ways.
Well as you may think yourself it also comes to a surprise to us/them. We checked everthing on the testserver and sorted things them out. We would have realized and changed it if the walls etc looked like that.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I believe it is a minor difference between the client we were using while it was being built and the one we use to play. I'm sure there will be a fix.

Aegohl
Mimblethorp

Post by Mimblethorp »

My understanding was that this thread was supposed to be for thought out suggestions, not complaints so I have one.

I've heard the complaint that the weapons we start with are too wimpy, breaking before we can get the gold to replace them and we have no 'old' players to give handouts. Obviously one solution is to make the weapons tougher so they don't break so soon.

How about this for a secondary idea, good for if you die and loose eq too. What if we could search appropriate areas and find rocks to throw and broken tree branches to swing? Obviously it wouldn't help you against an ogre or anything really tough. But it's the kind of thing that could allow you to kill enough pigs to earn the money for a semi-decent weapon.

Alternately, if unarmed were implemented (forgive my ignorance if it already is) then we could just attack with bare hands and feet.
Athian

Post by Athian »

on that note. i lost all my starter money in one fell swoop today. i've been looking around for anything that could work to help out my situation. but it's pretty much pointless, there nothing i can to without the need to buy tools. so i'm thinking maybe like in the old days it' would be better ot start out with tools. or in the least some tools and a small amount of money. i knows it's my fault in my case for running into five randomly placed ogres(so i thought until i realized where i was anyway). but if this happened to or happens to anyone else it really puts the game on hold for your character.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I bought a weapon and a shield with my starting money, but its impossible to actually kill anything (Are flies immortal?) Which makes that whole "Use it more, it gets worse" thing a little worrysome, I think just a little expense of realism in exchange for weapons that won't rot in our hands, but possibly still break would be nice