Legends Of Illarion will be released on: April 9th, 2009

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aldgar Omk

Post by Aldgar Omk »

Go to the table with the female elf and the druid, talk with them, go on the empty chair and "click"(press space while standing in front of, duh) on the table.

Have fun playing onwards.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I be Caranthir, Caranthir the great!!!! Dyluck how could you Caran wouldnt help the boy you, unless yer could pay him handsomely ;)

Ahhh brilliant good work, this has given me a grin.. Im really impressed.

Btw is it just my comp that has the game flickering all the time?
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

I have a game crash. It's when Venus gets brought into the inn after the second fight with the assassin guy, Thoer or something. Galadria goes to heal her and then it just freezes.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Misjbar wrote:How do you use the spellbooks?
Damien uses them "like a weapon", e.g., he can equip a Book of Ra where Dyluck can equip a Long Sword in the menu.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Moathia wrote:I have a game crash. It's when Venus gets brought into the inn after the second fight with the assassin guy, Thoer or something. Galadria goes to heal her and then it just freezes.
Same here. Other then that, just great work, Dyluck.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Looks like a patch is required, I was hoping it was just me, so someone could gt past it and save, and then give me the save file.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Aldgar Omk wrote:Go to the table with the female elf and the druid, talk with them, go on the empty chair and "click"(press space while standing in front of, duh) on the table.

Have fun playing onwards.
Yeah, the problem is that you people are forgetting the golden rule that when a female elf in a tavern tells you to have a drink with her, you don't refuse and do EXACTLY as you're told! :lol:

@Aristeaus: Yeah well these were the OLDEN days so I guess he was a little more generous. Besides, he probably saw that nice sword I had and thought he could swindle it from me. :wink: And yeah, apparently only you and Ezor Edwington have that flickering problem. The only solution I know is change it to windowed mode by f4 instead of full screen.

Oh damn, I was actually just testing something in the game at that part yesterday and it froze for me too, and I was hoping it was because of something I did after the release. I guess not. This is what happens when you continue to change coding after your final test runthrough. Sorry folks, but a patch should be coming out in about 30 mins or so.
Last edited by Dyluck on Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Oh and thanks for the tips Aldgar, but the part about the 600 gold is actually automatic so you don't have to talk to her again, and I did include the part about the coal already.

PATCH DOWNLOAD REQUIRED FOR ERROR IN CHAPTER 4
You can put this patch in anytime and it will NOT affect any part of the game before it. You do NOT need to start over.

Alright, the problem was pretty simple and I have a small patch ready now and it's 1 file of about 200KB. www.paulslack.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Map0007.lmu
Just download it and then paste it into the same folder where the RPG_RT.EXE is and paste it over the exisitng MAP0007.lmu file and then everything should be fine. If it doesn't, then just trying restarting from a previous save further back that wasn't saved inside Troll's Bane. Oh and you might want to make a backup of the original Map0007.lmu somewhere else on your comp first just in case this doesn't work.

On an unrelated note, the opponents for the KOTR minigame is random, so if you want to see all possible characters in action you just have to save before it and replay the minigame a couple of times just for fun. I'm actually kinda surprised there aren't any questions about those sidequests so far :P even though I guess some people haven't gotten that far yet.
Last edited by Dyluck on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

How exactly do you play king of the roof? Are you supposed to be able to shove them back? i just walk around getting pushed around by the other guy, i can't push back.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

To sucessfully push your opponent, you need to push them from behind or the side. If they are facing you instead, then they will be pushing you. Your opponent's moving speed will increase with each stage. Once you push your opponent, you should keep moving forward and pushing because if you give them a moment to recover they'll face you and push you back.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Ah thanks
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

The patch doesn't work.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Sorry, I put up the wrong one. I changed the link now so just download it again and you'll have the right one. It should be Map0007.lmu not Map0005.lmu
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Ok, where the hell is that lich guy in the night?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Talk to any people you see, and someone will give you hints each time.

If you still can't figure it out:
Eastern side of town > Erdrick's Shop > Beside Tavern > Roof of Library > Near the North Bridge > Inside Shop Garden > Roof of Shop
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Stuck again:
Can't get to Amazons, big rock in the way.
Dominik Windslasher ~

Post by Dominik Windslasher ~ »

Well, I like the game until the part I played, because the game freeze when I enter Troll's Bane.
Is there anything I can do?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Ezor Edwickton wrote:Stuck again:
Can't get to Amazons, big rock in the way.
I don't know what you're talking about, but I don't know if did what Aragon talked about at the beginning of that scenario yet: To ask around about a guy named Minsc who might know how to get inside the Amazon forest.

Dominik Windslasher ~ wrote:Well, I like the game until the part I played, because the game freeze when I enter Troll's Bane.
Is there anything I can do?
Sorry, no solution for that except maybe to get a better computer. Or you can try pressing f4 and f5 to switch to the smallest window screen possible and see if that helps.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I have already fought Minsc. I go into the nearby cave, but there is a large rock in the way, so i can't go further. Or am i supposed to leave that area and go somewhere else?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Aragon said that the Amazon Forest is north of the Lofty Mountains at the beginning of the scenario, so no you're not supposed to look inside a cave in the eastern mountains. Look around for a forest entrance on the world map instead.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I got really far, then quited without saving. DAMN THAT WOW, THEY ARE GIVING ME BAD HABITS. Including the fact that you do not have to save on Illarion either.
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

It wasn't nice, that the F12 button is escape.
As used to be in Troll's Bane, once I came near a group, I hit F12 to see the names of these group of people. :wink:
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

The F12- instant quit button is good for testing the game but the chance of accidentially quitting the game using it is quite high. There should at least be a message box warning you that you're about to quit the game. Should be possible to script something like that...
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

About F12: Actually, F12 to return to title screen is a built in function of RPGmaker2003 and there seems to be no way to edit it when making the game, so it's out of my control folks.

@Mothia: You seem to have posted your question on another thread. Anyway, I can't seem to reproduce the bug. Does anyone else have this problem? However, one of my testers did have a problem something like this, but that was because his computer did not have a sound card so couldn't load MP3s. You might want to try talking to Udan and try turning MP3s on first, and if that doesn't work then try to choose turning MP3s off, which worked for my tester. However, missing out on the MP3s is highly unfortunate =)
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Woops. Mp3's don't matter, my speakers don't work so I can't hear anything anyway.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Yes, I looked into it. The damn scripting doesn't allow processing of function keys. :?
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

<breaks the oath of never posting on the forum due to awesomeness of Dyluck's game>

Lol, I beat all sidequests in Chapter 2, PWned Muten Roshi in King of The Roof tournament, and all that. Had a crapload of headache with solving a murder, and lost the art contest.

Question: IS THERE A WAY to WIN the art contest? I drew a horribly mismatching image of a flower-armed orc in shiny armor in some cave with sunlight. :)
Was going for creativity. And Neon said "What is this garbage?!"
LMAO!

Good work, good work! Hheh.

Mmm... after Chapter 2, is there another way to hire Dax? I really wanna train him up and get him to the party again, and keep him.

About EXP. Points: are they given for monster kills or for skills used? I tried to "powergame", doing nothing but defending during a fight, letting the opponents hit me, it did not make a difference in EXP points gain, so I guess skill use matters not.

Thank you.

</breaks the oath of never posting on the forum due to awesomeness of Dyluck's game>
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Hehe...now Dyluck can quote Konstantin's post as an advertisement, and put under it:

"Yeah...it's that important." :)
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Yes you can win the contest.

Dax will be available later again.

EXP is given for monster kills. That's the way the system of RM2K3 works.
If you want to powergame then go fight weak monsters which are unable to get through your defence. :wink:
cjauncey

Post by cjauncey »

i downloaded the game today and i found a bug which made me die

Warning this may be considered a spoiler to some people:during the skeleton/lich raid i went into the murder mystery house and came out
after i came out i was teleported to the farmers house (the one with the pigs)
i was alone and left to fight the vast armys of the undead by myself this bug is avoidable but i thought i would let you know it exists