Legends Of Illarion will be released on: April 9th, 2009

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Oh yeah, I did the trail of courage third time.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

One more bug: Artifact pendants don't really work. The Round Pendant is supposed to be anti-poison, still, characters get poisoned both in the field and in combat.

Scarf and goggles, supposedly protecting from silent and blind - do not do so.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

They should protect in battle. However, custom scripts don't check such protection automatically.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

So it doesn't work? Is there an update patch possible to download?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

If Dyluck changes all his scripts to check for protective equipment...
But I don't think he will. That's quite a lot of work with the available scripting commands.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Dyluck wrote:missing out on the MP3s is highly unfortunate =)
Understatement ;)

All bosses in any future game are now required to have such great battle music.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

ROTFL. I found myself. :D
Aldgar Omk

Post by Aldgar Omk »

Wee. Reached Chapter five. And I'm hoping there's a chapter six ^_^

Great Game so far!
Alsyth Astha

Post by Alsyth Astha »

I cant get a pickaxe, because the "trading" part is screwed up since i didnt finish it until chapter two. Now it won't work. Is there another way to get the axe or must I start over?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

As far as I understand my own work :lol: , I don't think you can complete all the trading after chapter 1, so no, you can't get the pickaxe anymore, but the prize is nothing important anyways. If you really to finish that mini quest then you could probably just start a game on another save and just play a few minutes in. You can finish that mini quest pretty much the moment you step into town for the first time.

Yeah the MP3s... that part of the game just can't be the same without it heh.

I think the problem with conditions like poison might be that the 100% protection for the item is still calculated against the inherent natural percentages of the condition, none of which are possibly 100%, at least in battle. With the field things, I guess I just never really thought of it, but then again I don't really want you to be able to have protection for that anyways :P

Paralyze being missing is a bug and not my sick joke unfortunately. Who actually uses those crap filler spells like sleep and beserk anyways? :lol: But anyways thanks for pointing that out, since I've now solved two bugs in one from t hat.
Alsyth Astha

Post by Alsyth Astha »

But then what about the big rock blocking the mountain? Or am I not suppose to go there?
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Dyluck!! "sleep" rocks!!!
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Don't worry about the big rock. It's not manditory to go there.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Dy,

Why didn't you put Wizards Last Ryhmes in the game for the battle with the water dragon? It would've been so fitting 8)
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Unfortunately most status effects wear off when the enemy takes damage rendering these spells useless. :P
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Bug!

After beating Ashkatuul and your character is at the entrance to the lair, you can't actually see the character your controlling
Aldgar Omk

Post by Aldgar Omk »

ARG. That stupid prison tract mini game is DAMN DIFFICULT!
I got past most of the guards, but now I'm stuck in the room where I got the tent and the coal, and can't get any further!
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

I finally got everything working last night for the game :wink: .

This is an AWESOME work, Dyluck. I'm still only in Trollsbane (being obsessive and completing the mini item-quest *g* ), and I feel I can say this already. It's obviously had a lot of effort and time and work and blood-money :P put into it. I only wanted to say my compliments to the chef, and a thank you for doing all of this.

Confound you, Dyluck...... another distraction I'll be obsessed with playing =D .

(Gahh! No!! The sheep and pigs have escaped again!! :wink: )
Aldgar Omk

Post by Aldgar Omk »

Meh. Even as I opened the game in rm2k3, i couldn't figure out how to get past those pesky guards after I've made my way to the coal/tent room in the palace, so I created two teleport events and skipped the part i couldn't beat.

Well...reached chapter 7, and I'm hoping there's no ending!

This is one of the best games I've ever played.

Thanks, Dyluck.

EDIT:ACK! That's the end already? Nooooooooooooooooo!

Oh well...guess I'll have to wait 'till the next part of the game comes out.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

I just wished I could save in this damn prison tract...
I have the tendency to become frustrated after having to go through the entire thing afain for the twelve dozenth time again because I was cought by the last guard.
Aldgar Omk

Post by Aldgar Omk »

You CAN save in the prison tract. After you've activated the three switches, and went a little further to the right, there's a room.(Locked if you didn't activated the third switch). Enter it, get a coal and a tent from the chests, and you can SAVE there.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Very funny. I'm happy that I found out how to get through these guards at all. If I'd try to open this stupid door then could as well stay at the entrance. :?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Wizard's Last Rhymes: I don't really understand what that song is trying to say actually, but yeah it does fit in some ways, but that battle's too short and not worth a few MBs worth of space.

@Status Effects: Most status effects will automatically wear off after a set amount of turns, and also has a certain small chance of wearing off each turn.

@Sean: I found the source of the problem. For now you can solve it by starting the giant battle over and by NOT putting Dyluck in any of (numbered from left to right) positions 1,4,8, and 11. The safest position and the one I usually test with is Dyluck in position 6. If you desperately need to put Dyluck in one of the forbidden positions then find me on msn for a patch.

@Delekaniam: Hey, you're welcome and glad you like it. Have fun!

@Sneak Past Guards Minigame: (Guards named 1st to 3rd in order from left to right) http://img120.exs.cx/img120/6859/minigame3uh.png
Note: Whenever you get caught, the switches are all turned off. However if you get caught after picking up the treasures, you won't lose the items.

To get to the other side of the 3 guards walking vertically, stand at the red dot and wait for the 1st guard to pass you while walking up. When he does, take one step forward, and once the 2nd guard is standing right in front of you while he is walking downwards, press the right key right away so that once he passed you, you will immediately move all the way right before the 3rd guard turns and sees you.

To get to the three switches, stand at the green dot and wait for the 3rd guard moving downwards to pass you. Then quickly take 1 step left and then all the way up to flip the switch. Then if the 2nd guard is facing down, quickly take another step left, face up and flip the next swtich, and do the same for the next switch, and then quickly move down and left before the 1st guard turns around and sees you. Repeat the red dot sequence to get back to the other side.

To get past the next area, stand on the yellow circle and wait for the top guard to be walking to the right. When he is right in front of you, press on the down key so that once he pass you, you will move all the way down immediately between the backs of the two guards. You must immediately continue the yellow arrowed path as fast as you can. There is little room for error.

To get past the final guards, just watch the pattern of the guard below the blue spot and pass him when you have the chance while making sure the last guard isn't about to move into your running lane. The final guard can't see you when he moves horizontally by the way, so when you start to run the blue arrowed path, don't stop or turn left or right until you reach the end of that arrow. Don't try to go back either of course.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

The puzzle stuff is great. For anyone who beat Super Mario Bros - no problem. I stumble more in parts like quest-like things, where there are no obvious clues who to talk to or what to push.
Delakaniam

Post by Delakaniam »

You're all ridiculous when it comes to constantly asking, "Aghhh I'm stuck, this part is hard/weird, how do I get out of here??? XD

Come now, I've made it all the way to Chapter 4 (up until the bug, need the patch *g*), without any hints at all from the outside. The bitchy lich, hiring Dax, art contest, murder mystery, wahhhh. If *I* can do it, you all can, too :wink: .

By the way.... yes, the Amazon trial drove me to insanity as well. However, there is *ahem*...err....... a much simplified way to beat it. Basically, once you get about halfway through, there is a way to take allllll the time you want.

.....That's all I'll say for now (^^) *giggling* .
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Hey, I made it all the way to the end before complaining :wink:
And even then it was just the fact that you cannot save in this area.
Delakaniam

Post by Delakaniam »

Good, Adano. You get a cookie (with pretty icing that says "w00t! Legends of Illarion!", and some sprinkles around it) :wink: .

Hm, I remember one puzzle I didn't figure out, though.... The one in the Tanora Shrine with 16 button switches in the floor that push down/push up other buttons when they are pushed themselves. I found the pattern, but my brain was too pathetic :P . Ah, well, don't tell the answer.... If I ever want to spend another few hours working on it, I'll just go back and play the game again *g*.

By the way, Dyluck, there is a place in the Northern ruins where it seems like a room full of rocks that one must push out of the way to make a path to the other side. Um.... the problem here is that you can simply walk to the bottom of the room and pass all of them that way (^^;; . Too late to change, I'll guess, but it's just a note (^^;; .

By the way, excellent job on this whole game. Have I mentioned that yet :wink: ??
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I love it, I play till I can't keep my eyes open!
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Too late to change, I'll guess, but it's just a note (^^;; .
Maybe that was intended, so it would give players a trauma after initially trying a thousand ways to solve it? :D
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Stuck at ironhammer mines. How do you open the door above the narrow bridge?