Legends Of Illarion will be released on: April 9th, 2009

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Japheth

Post by Japheth »

I really don't think LOI will appeal to anybody who joined after 2003 anyway, LifeWonder.

I remember playing the extended demo a while back and being blown away by how massive a nostalgia trip the whole thing is. I'm still eagerly awaiting it Dyluck. And Brendan Mason better have an expanded role! :P
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Japheth wrote:I really don't think LOI will appeal to anybody who joined after 2003 anyway, LifeWonder.

I remember playing the extended demo a while back and being blown away by how massive a nostalgia trip the whole thing is. I'm still eagerly awaiting it Dyluck. And Brendan Mason better have an expanded role! :P
I didn't join after 2003. =p
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thank you all for the support. I am really so very very very close now...
I have already finished the final boss scene and the ending, and now I've finally found the right method and motivation for finishing the final dungeon, and now it's coming along beautifully and quickly. After that, it'll just be some final touches to some systems and one last play through...

I can guarantee now that it will be finished and released within 3 months at the maximum, and possibly even after 1 month at the quickest.
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

Yay! I really look forward to play LOI again!
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

ARE WE LOOKING AT A CHRISTMAS RELEASE AND/OR OPEN BETA?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Wooohoo! Party time!
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

So yeah, it's not going to be a "beta" or an incomplete version or anything like that. It's going to be a complete finished release, the real deal, the whole 9 yards. You get the picture.

Well, my 3 month guarantee still stands, so the latest late is Feb 25th. I said 1 month minimum too, so the earliest possible is Christmas Day?.... Who knows... who knows...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

:D
Dren Da' Ruhk

Post by Dren Da' Ruhk »

... dude ive been anticipating this for such a long time you have no idea. I too am a regular RPGM user. Its hard to find a well structured game in that community, but im sure this project will be worth every minute of the anticipation :D
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Alright then! I am ready for department stores across the world to sell this! C'mon already, I wanna -play!-... XD

Keep up the good work. :)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Tomorrow will be the day that is 3 months from the day that I said LOI would be completed within 3 months. Unfortunately, I was wrong, but I feel compelled to make a statement. I am close... very close. According to my estimates, the work left would only take 7 days, if I spent maybe 6 hours each day. But in reality, those days will not come consecutively, especially on days that I work my job full shift and come home tired and distracted by other things to be done. I plan to make another announcement in about 2 weeks time. That's all for now. Thank you for reading.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

<3 Dyluck
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I have been watching the trailor alot. I can't waaaiiit!
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

A new trailer has been uploaded on the first post of this thread, showing some of the new character sprites and battle animations, and features of the game. Another trailer will follow soon, which will include the specifc release date soon to come. Enjoy and spread the word!

You can also get to it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClLnupmSZQ

At this point, I would like to ask if anyone here is also able to help provide webhosting for the game so that it can be download by others. The game will probably be between 50MB and 100MB.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Use megaupload in a winrar archive.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Looks... awesome^2
Saril

Post by Saril »

nice ^^
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Just to let everybody know, especially for those who haven't watched the new trailer yet, the game will be released in April, with the specific day to follow soon.

The game is basically finished, and right now I just need to add a few scenes to the ending and taking care of some hosting and presentation and contact issues.

Now go watch the trailer some more!
Kail Revira

Post by Kail Revira »

So LoI is a stand alone game? Like it isn't like Illa, where you interact with others? You said it was like FF3 and it does look like that, but it is JUST an RPG and not an MMO correct?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

yes this is like the slimmed down version of a normal offline game like Fable, Oblivion or the older Snes Rpgs like Secret of Mana, but I guess playing the game itself does not really awake any memories, as most of those chars are not even playing anymore and to be honest, they are not exactly pictured how they were from what I see in the trailer.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

IMHO the first trailer was better, absolutely epic infact, a true joy to watch. But this one is good aswell, its nice to see how the development has went, and sure looks like you've been working alot since the last trailer.

Can't wait till' april! :o
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Pellandria wrote:yes this is like the slimmed down version of a normal offline game like Fable, Oblivion or the older Snes Rpgs like Secret of Mana, but I guess playing the game itself does not really awake any memories, as most of those chars are not even playing anymore and to be honest, they are not exactly pictured how they were from what I see in the trailer.
Um.. okay, Secret of Mana isn't such a bad comparison, but Oblivion? Come on now Pella. Yeah.. this game is also like Twilight Princess and Okami.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yes, it is basically just like an SNES type rpg game, based on the Illarion world and characters. This tralier wasn't as "epic" as the first one, but I guess this one was just to show the new sprites, animations, and menu icons. I was planning to release one more "epic" type trailer before release if time permits, but I've already used up some of my best non-spoiler and action materials already, so I'm not sure if I can pull off another trailer without spoiling new plots, but we'll see how it goes.

Obvisouly there is a major stylistic difference in the LOI sprites and the forum/Illarion image which can't be duplicated in LOI style. But many of the color schemes and appearanes of the sprites were in fact chosen with a purpose to reflect certain qualities on their avatars or descriptions. For example, Damien has a grey robe, Aragon has a green cape, Cosma has red hair, Shi Long has short and tied hair, Sun Long has snow like hair, and other sprites have colors that reflect the blue/red/yellow bar that their in-game characters had. I'd change even more details if I could, but there are resource limitations too.

I know the main characters are mostly way old now, but I don't think it will matter, because the game itself isn't really character driven, and most characters are like generic classes. The game is more driven by the overall story on a macro-level, and the second half of the game shifts the focus onto an all new story about the gods rather than the old history of Gobaith.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

New Screenshots:

ImageImageImageImageImage

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Looks so awesome.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

You should've just enabled a 'name your character' ability to the game on character introduction. Would've been more like Illarion in a sense that way. And noone would be complaining about playing an old char they dont think they can identify with. Ah well.
Damien

Post by Damien »

It's about re-telling old ingame happenings.
That way, also new players can learn about some old quests and players, and even if some things are changed and bettered up, the main plots are still in it and much player-player-plot stuff as well.
Absolutely awesome. I'd suggest that the final version should be somewhere linked on the illarion homepage.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I am here to announce that Legends Of Illarion will be available for download starting on April 9th, 2009. The download link will be posted on a new board for LOI which should appear between the Off Topic forum and the Society forum for most people. The board should be viewable in the near future, and once it is viewable, please post all comments and questions related to LOI in the new board from then on.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

*Glares at the date suspiciously*
Lexis Katarino

Post by Lexis Katarino »

Omg. That's... unbelievable!

I do work with RM2K3 too... but I will never make such an awesome game...

I did plan to make a joke Illarion version out of Lexis point. But... I'd gave up very fast...

Wow... can't await this! :o :o