Bye everybody.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bloodhearte

Bye everybody.

Post by Bloodhearte »

I guess I'm leaving. This game seems to be dying 'IC,' and players are getting corrupt.

Later.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry:
Damien

Post by Damien »

Lame excuse, chop his head off.
:wink:
martin

Post by martin »

Whats that?!

I don't want to see you leave. Maybe you could write me a PM about the reasons you are wanting to leave?

Martin
Nartak Ironmaster

Post by Nartak Ironmaster »

Noooo! Not Bloodhearte!

ARRRR!

Why do all the good RPers leave? :cry:
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

I'm still here. ;)

Anyways, I refuse to believe that the same Bloodhearthe that was radiating with ideas and energy would be abandoning us. Impossible. Seriously. You should try to work the game into the desired direction with the rest of the community. Please, consider.. I know, I know.. I've had my own ups and downs with the interest to play, but in the end it's just so fun.
Despite the momentary boredom.

If I am not completely mistaken, you once mentioned that I convinced you that Bush was (IS!)a bad president (Do I remember wrong? Could be the desire to overcredit myself as usual, as I'm sure that a bright lad as yourself would have been perfectly able to come up with that on your own..) so maybe I will be able to convince you that your place is here with us, not away. Well, a bright lad as yourself will eventually realise that.. I just hope that I might help you to do that a bit faster.
;)

Seriously, lad. Consider it for a while. We like you and do not wish you to leave. Ever heard me to say anything like that before? Me?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Im not sure if ive met you characters IG my friend. But ive found your posts through my time in Illarion very interesting, showing great thought. And im sure your loss will affect the community more than some would realise.

Dont leave us
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

This simply isn't the case. I'm sure that ol' Bloodfart meant to say "Hi, everybody," as a means of reminding us he's not leaving

Don't leave!
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I don't get why people say "I am leaving". Illarion is forever burned into their memory, they will undoubtedly be on the forums from time to time as long as the internet is within their grasp. :twisted: You can log out anytime you like, but you can never leave. Notice he never said when he was going to leave.
Belegi

Post by Belegi »

Belegi wrote:They all come back.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Martin his reason is right there...quite frankly he is right. I wish to stay a bit more and "tough it out" if possible..

No bloodhearte you were on the top 5 rpers list (of me).
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Later.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

I think I'm going to go hop on Bloodhearte's train.
I've been thinking of this for far too long.

Later.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

No, Bloodhearte! Don't do this!
Yes, you are right on what you say, but don't leave!
Grunith Shuth

Post by Grunith Shuth »

Well I should just as well sign my name with that train ticket on the way out of here. I'm not leaving Illarion because I have lost interest in it but for the sole purpose of what Galim has left Illarion for only a while. I will be losing internet connect now and for an indefinite time. I do not know if I will be getting it back anytime soon. It could be up to months or even a year before we ever get any kind of connection back.

The reason being for losing connection is that my father is going on strike with his union members because their contract is up. The company is wanting to deduct from the employee's pay alot as well as take away benefits such as deducted insurance etc. So without him making what he makes, we'll have to get rid of the "extras" which consists of the Internet and our satelite television until he's back up on his feet again.

Now some of you may be wondering "what if the strike ends?" (Or I'm hoping this) I would say that when it ends, my father and all the union members will be without a job because it takes skilled workers to work there and "Scabs", or workers who cross the pickets, won't be able to work without the experience and training for the job as all the trainers will be on strike. So basically that section of the company will plummet into oblivion and everyone will be without a job.

After that, everyone will have to go out and find new jobs and even so, my father may not be able to find another job that pays just as good as his current one does. Perhaps he will, but if he doesn't, we'll have to stay without internet for a while. I hope that when the go to the tables saturday, the deal the company comes up with will be fair enough to the union which will make them call of their strike. I would hate to go, but even so, it will be quite some time. Just keep your fingers crossed for them and I.

But more than likely I'll be signing my own name to that list on the way out of here with Moirear and Bloodhearte. And let me say this, it was fun playing with you all for the past three years of my time being here. This definately won't be my last, and I hope by the time I get back, everything will still be about. Illarion is truly a unique game and I have enjoyed my experience here with all the wonderful roleplayers and Gm's and staff throughout my experience. Thank you all for the fun I have had. I don't regret spending all the time I have in this game and I surely won't regret it in the future when I return. This may not be my last parting word after all, but if you don't hear from me in about a week, then assume I'm without connection.

I will try to go to friends over time to stop by here on the forums for brief visits and talk with some of you folks but other than that you won't be seeing much of me. I wish you all good fun and looongggeer time here than I have had. Enjoy the game as it is as it is one of kind. It is Illarion and Illarion is truly a marvel. Good night to all! And thank you all again for the wonderful experience in the world of Illarion!

PO Grunith Shuth
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! NONONONONO! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bye Grunith we love you!
Turonga Mudwater

Post by Turonga Mudwater »

I think I'll catch this train as well, I'm probably not on anyones list of "Best RP" but eh.... I'm in the same boat as Moirear and Bloodheart, the only person I really RP with anymore is Boka and we mostly look for Morrt :roll: so See ya
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

I am dissapointed with each and every one of you. Shame. Shame. (Well, except for Grunith who has a valid excuse.)

You are Illarion's fair weather friends. So what if Illarion is lagging downhill in your opinion (it isn't in mine. I've seen Illarion in a much worse state)? How do we rebuild after a fall in Illarion when all of the experienced roleplayers are ready to jet the moment things don't look so good?

This goes twice over for Sian and Bloodehearte, and you two know why.

The developers of Illarion provide us with so many opportunities for absolutely free and because a minority takes away the fun of it, you walk away? Is it so much to ask that you repay their efforts (not to mention their money of which they'll never get back) by repairing things as only you can in game when the going gets tough? The GMs don't have the ability to make sure that everything runs smoothly, and it is important that we do so instead, because we are the ones who spend hours in the server, know all the characters, see what they're doing, and have the ability to react to it in-game.

Believe me, I've been there, but I realize now that it was only a mistake.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Oh, be quiet. If people want to leave, let them. Don't bitch about it.

This is a game. I never played this game in order to not have fun. That would defeat the purpose of the game. If they no longer have fun playing, then why should they play any more?

Stop being such a damn brown nose.
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

A Rebel forever, eh?
If they no longer have fun playing, then why should they play any more?
Most games that I have played involve both fun and "un-fun".. Yet, I usually don't quit after the game is not fun, at least if I am given the oppoturnity to make it better and "more fun". I mean seriously, there are not too many games that offer you the chance to tell what is wrong after you announce that you are not having fun.
So, please.. Make use of that ability, ladies and gentlemen.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

:cry: I am with Caranthir. Maybe fund a RP college..where you teach people to RP :P. Nah..wouldn't work. But atleast mention clearly what you think is wrong. I believe all the posters in this thread would be happy to help you out, Moirear, Bloodhearte and Turonga. :| Well..I left too, but that doesn't count here. I atleast do it for a valid reason, the reason that I want a secure future, so I have to work on my school.

EDIT

And yes, I hate my avatar
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

I found the overall role-play weak, although certain players and/or their characters shine out to me like stars in a dark night. I will not provide any names, it just wouldn't be fair. BUT. You know who you are.

I hope this will change in my absence, because I currently don't possess the finances nor the physical energy to keep up at the time being. Note also Belegi's quote, and that I have not anywhere stated that I'll be gone forever.

Think of me as lurking though.
I had a good time while I was around. Thank you all.

Time for me to catch my train. Bye :)
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

No...please don't leave Sian. I loved to roleplay with you, it was really fun to tease your character *evilgrin*. Really..you are a great roleplayer, and your leaving would be a huge lost for the game. I am so sorry that you want to leave. Shandariel will miss Sian :( . And The PO Shandariel will miss the Sian and his PO too. And I know many others who will miss you. And who will lose interest in this game perhaps too...without you there is a huge hole in Illarion for them.

Once in the past you wanted to leave too, but Caitlin hold you back at the harbor, and me and...um...don`t remember who else, talked with you too and convinced you to stay. Please, think about that. It still counts what we said.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

I understand Bloodhearte. His opinions were never implemented. Good or bad, he is unsatisfied with the situation.

Weapons don't work as they should. Axes overused. Extremely hard to train, pick herbs, gather resources. Things are no longer available.
Mining is not fun anymore. It used to be a surprize, you never knew what you will find - maybe a gem, maybe some ore, maybe some gold nugget.

Now everything is structured, everything is scheduled. Herbs grow in one place, stones in another.

Realism versus gameplay.

Extremely high level up limit makes people powergame even more rather than reducing it.

The two handed sword Bloodhearte so cherished - never got its recognition.

Miners and crafters are never online, and doing things alone is simply no longer possible. And finally, things are indeed dying IC, although a few uprisings are positively surprizing.

I don't blame BH and MS

But these 2 were among my absolute favourites. The way they expressed their characters' feelings of joy, rage, fear, anger - was unbeatable.
Nartak Ironmaster

Post by Nartak Ironmaster »

I've seen many good RPers come and many good RPers leave, but still it's everytime sad when a good one leaves...

But as Belegi said, most of the time they come back. (As they did in the past)

Still, it's just a game, and if a game gives you no fun but frustration - don't play it... Make some pause, concentrate on other things and then, after some time, give it another try.

Farewell, you two, you both were some of my favorites. (Especially BH)
Alora Ironforge
Location: Bashing Away At Galim's Depot...Damn Dwarven locks...

Post by Alora Ironforge »

How many have said there leaving in this topic so far? Three?

Best of luck out there, and hurry back. You will all be missed!

Alora
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Your Real Life- accounts have been revoked.

Sorry but we have to inform you that you are not suitable for not playing Illarion. Because of the many inquiries we recieve we cannot explain our reasons for revokings your account any further. You are free to try again in 5 years from today. Until then we wish you a lot of fun playing Illarion.

Your Real Life- staff
Boremier

Post by Boremier »

Dammit to many good RPer's are leaving :( :( its a shame :cry:
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Adano Eles wrote:Your Real Life- accounts have been revoked.

Sorry but we have to inform you that you are not suitable for not playing Illarion. Because of the many inquiries we recieve we cannot explain our reasons for revokings your account any further. You are free to try again in 5 years from today. Until then we wish you a lot of fun playing Illarion.

Your Real Life- staff

Pure...genius...lmao
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Konstantin K wrote:Mining is not fun anymore. It used to be a surprize, you never knew what you will find - maybe a gem, maybe some ore, maybe some gold nugget.

Now everything is structured, everything is scheduled. Herbs grow in one place, stones in another.

Realism versus gameplay.
Just my opinion...