That was bad and really annoying / Das war einfach nur mies

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Galim

That was bad and really annoying / Das war einfach nur mies

Post by Galim »

I don't know which gm was it, but it was really a bad action from him. It is NO fun and NO rp what happened there. When a ghost appears, okay, when i speak my prayers and do my rp, okay. when that ghost dissapears without any rp, just wents away, okay. But when i got killed from one second to the next, immediately, without ANY #me or rp, simply while i walked. Than it is CRAP. No, that is not good, and i am really pissed of. That was no good action. The gm should apologize. next time he should do more #me, give someone possibilitys to roleplay too. and not simply make a kill.

------------------

Okay, ich bin angepisst. Ich weiss nicht wlecher GM das war,der heute den Geist spielte, aber seine Aktion war mehr als mies! Wenn ein Geist erscheint ist das in ordnung, dann ziehe ich mein rp durch, spreche Gebete und so. Wenn der Geist dann einfach verschwindet, ohne irgendwleches RP oder #me, auch gut. Doch wenn ich dann laufe, und von einer auf die nächste Sekunde tot umfalle, ohne irgendwleches RP, ohne irgendwelche #mes. Einfach nur Soforttot, dann ist das grob gesgat SCHEISSE. Das ist kein spaß. Das ist kein tolles rp. es ist einfach nur zum kotzen. Ich weiss wirklich nicht wlecher GM das war, aber so geht es nicht. Wenigstens rp und #mes wären drinne gewesen. Man hätte mir ruhig die möglichkeit lassen können zu spielen. Doch dies war nicht besser als PK.

Ich hätte gerne ein statement des GM's
Last edited by Galim on Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

I don't see anything wrong actually...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

yes, well it was a pk...
Sskakzk'krr

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

gm_abuse@illarion.org ?

Even though you don't know who did this, you can describe your situation there at least.
Galim

Post by Galim »

I don't want a punishment for anyone. I just want an apologize. That is all. And the promise that the next time he or she will involve more roleplay in something like that. Make it more interesting and fun for the player.

What me pissed of was simply that there was no roleplay. No chance for me to take part. A player would get a warning for that. So I want an apologize from the GM. And an explanation
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

No punishment ? Why dragging it in the public then ?
You could have PM'ed any GM (or martin) and ask him to start an internal questioning what has happend there.

Maybe it was a pure accident.

Neon (or Damien?) once wanted to heal my character and instead gave me a instant kill. :P
Bad luck for me and my character. ;)
Galim

Post by Galim »

Don't know how such an accident could happen. I walked around, arrived at the depot by Eliza and than I was dead.

Perhaps I want a public apologize? Perhaps I want the opinions of others? Perhaps I simply want to discuss that in the community, and not in any backchambers called PM
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

How this could be an accident?
I belive to remember some GM abilites are triggerd with runes.
Maybe the GM clicked the wrong rune ?
Maybe the GM mistakend you for someone else?
Maybe you moved your character on a square where the GM was performing an action unknow to you and as a result your character got killed ?

The opinion of others ?
I doubt anyone was arround who could give valuable input in this matter.

Public apologize?
Whats the difference when whoever causes this excuses to you here or in a private and calmer place ?

Discuss this with others ?
Well what is to discuss here ?
You walked arround, got killed by something, got pissed (quoting you), logged out and posted in rage this topic.

Where can we discuss anything ?
(Beside the way you want to handle the matter.)

Treat others as you want to be treated yourself.
I doubt that you want your faults to be discussed in public.
GM: "Hey we found Galim powergaming and playing real bad rp. Now excuse yourself in the public!"
Community: "Yes ! Galim apologize !"

gm_abuse@illarion.org is there for a reason, as Sskakzk'krr said.
Even when "abuse" sounds harsh, what happend to you would perfectly fit there.
Galim

Post by Galim »

I must dissapoint you, for me it would be okay when my faults would be discussed in the public. But often others don't even discuss them with me. Just talk behind my back about my "faults". You have a problem with me? Talk about it in the public, thats okay for me. I would discuss that with you.

Wrong, I don't logged out. I went to the cross, I roleplayed what happened. I layed down and roleplayed with others. Than I had a long talk with someone about something else and after all roleplay was done I logged out. It was no rage action. I simply done my roleplay and after I ended it I wrote that posting.

I don't even know if this was gm-abuse.

A public discussion shows the GM too how other players think about it. It wouldn't be just my view of the things. The GM'swould see that others don't like something like this. And not just Galim. Or that they like it. Who knows.

The GM don't even HAVE to write here. When he reads this he can simply send me a PM, like you like it.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I saw galim after words just talking to another player in teh shop as me and someone else talked outside...
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Maybe the ghost didn't like what you were saying, and despises Irmorom? Maybe it was nargun, Avrillon was "killed" so to speak, but then revived. It was for my character to experience the cold touch of death or something like that. He also made my character say things that I didn't type (which was really quite funny, I was laughing in rl). The character my character was talking to was both dazed and thought my character had gone mad or something and he left a.s.a.p. :wink:
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hmm..

Well We've all died by accident once or twice. I've died from Gm's multiple times, and I've died from players for little to no reason more times than I can count.

However, It REALLY doesn't make all that much of a difference... the game is about role playing and not losing skill or trying to not die (even though it is irritating when you lose skill.)

Perhaps this GM made a mistake and doesnt want to publicize his mistake. We all make mistakes, and we should accept that.

Also, You'r char, Galim, though he is a priest, does not make him and his prayers all powerful, and Just because he is a 'bishop' doesn't necessarily mean he has the power to make the evil spirits go away...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

the game is about role playing
Killing without me's? I mean, THAT i why he is angry not the skills. he wouldn't mind being killled, with a #me function.

that is what I think he is saying.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Cliu have it. It is not the fact that I died that disturb me. That don't bother me. It is the fact that it happened without any roleplay or #me. The reasons for the ghost can be everything. thats okay. but to roleplay them would be nice.

not that he killed me disturb me. but the how. no roleplay, no #me, no anything. simply "poof" dead. That is the point. Nothing else.
martin

Post by martin »

Nilo wrote:Perhaps this GM made a mistake and doesnt want to publicize his mistake.
If a GM made a mistake, there is no reason for keeping it secret.

Just wait and see. (I have no idea who it was or why that happened, I can just tell you that it was not me)

Martin
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

I sympathise with you Galim. I was outside the shop at the time. One minute you were there the next just a pile of gear......not a soun or anything. In fact a similar thing happened to me when an orc "assassin" killed me. No RP no #me.
One minute the orc was by me, the next I was being attacked.
Did he walk up menacingly with weapons drawn? Did he walk up then draw weapons? Or was it supposed to be a stab in the back?
As there was a witness to the incident a #me should have been used at the very least so he could tell people what he saw afterwards.
Or was the "assassination" just a cover for a blatant PK?
Jeremy is very nervous of orcs (as I roleplay when they are around!) and was aware of the orc who attacked him. #me should have been used to create a RP opportunity rather than just another killing.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Jeremy, you should report something like that. Because that was not fair, and no good roleplay. Such peoples should get a warning for that.

I am in a different situation, it was a GM and he was as a Ghost involved, so it was no GM-chara but some other force. But #me would be nice, and roleplay.

oh, and I wasn't attacked. I was simply immediately dead. on second okay, next one a cloud and all energy away. there was no attack.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Ich hatte dich als Ziel temporär anvisiert, bekam jedoch einen hübschen Lag, während ich mich per Kartenklick in Richtung Shoprückwand / Kreuz bewegte. Da befandest du dich aber eigentlich schon außer Sichtweite, weswegen ich während des Lag rüber in die Küche ging, um mein Abendessen davor zu bewahren, sich in einen schwärzlichen, knusprigen Keks auf dem Topfboden zu verwandeln. Kein Angriffsgeräusch ? Ich denke, die Hände des Geistes waren derzeit leer, er sollte jedoch nicht so massiven Schaden anrichten können, jemand in Rüstung innerhalb eines Momentes wegzuhutzen. Entweder Lag-Effekt, oder wir haben nen Bug *g*
War keine Absicht, tut mir leid. Hättest allerdings auch per ICQ bescheidgeben können. :wink:

Jeremy, you can report such happenings with the !gm command, including the CORRECT number of the attacker.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Ich wusste nicht wer das war.

Nein, keine Angriffsgeräusche, auch kein lag, denn ich war mitten im gehen. Ich lief und mitten im laufen, zusch, alle energie weg, ich eine wolke, meine sachen auf dem Boden. Kein geräusch, nichts.Einfach nur tot umgefallen.

Danke, nun das dies geklärt ist geht es mir besser =). Als strafe verprügel ich dich auf dem Treffen mit deinen Gummiknüppeln ;)
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

However, It REALLY doesn't make all that much of a difference... the game is about role playing and not losing skill or trying to not die (even though it is irritating when you lose skill.)
*cough*Hypocrite*cough*
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

Kasume wrote:
*cough*Hypocrite*cough*
Congratulations on getting one last cheap shot in as he was leaving the community for a while. You are quite a man of tact.
Fildraniel
Location: Thinking about a question, asked by an intrigued person

Post by Fildraniel »

I believe he quoted Nilo, but still, rather low Kasume
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Galim....Galim....Galim. I need atleast one person that hates elves, or atleast think they suck. You left no one to inheret that skill! We need you here!! :cry:

Well....buh bye I guess,

~Misj
Galim

Post by Galim »

wrong thread :wink: . but thank you :)
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

You never assumed that someone or something had setup a silent trap?
However, some RP explanation would be indeed nice, wouldn't it?

Now you're getting the idea, I think. RP before you PK people.
This happens a lot to me. And when I complain - all I get is "You have chosen to play a criminal, live with it". So what? A criminal gets no right for explanations?
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

Who shall correct me in my ways :(
Galim

Post by Galim »

I hope you don't want to compare this with my and johns attack on you? we have done roleplay. and i #me't that i hold my staff, that my lips are moving while i mutters prayers, that i have an eye on you, and so on. we had done roleplay, and #me.

@dravish

i am sure there are other characters for that ;)

i wonder that so many are saying that galim is a racist...he isn'T. he don't really insults peoples or speak bad or grumpy to peoples because of their race, but because of their character. and when the other one starts with racial insults, galim will give conter ;).

no, he has nothing against other races, not really. just against many of their peoples *gg*
Fildraniel
Location: Thinking about a question, asked by an intrigued person

Post by Fildraniel »

I will ^^