Dyluck's "Old School RPG" Of Illarion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

falco1029 wrote:I don't think illarion copyrighted it, so i doubt it. Plus copyright laws only protect it from either being sold or claiming it as your own, so give credit to them and don't sel lthe game and you're fine either way.
This is wrong. The law says: All sourcecodes, sounds, graphics which where made from us for illarion are automatically under the copyright of the illarion ev. There is no need to "copyright" them. We are the authors, creators and we (not really we more the Illarion ev.) has all rights on it. Only the Illarion ev can decide who is allowed to use or copy them. Excepted are free Graphics or Sounds from the net. But with the new client there won't be such things. This will be only own Sounds, Graphic and so on.

But think that noone of us has something against the usage in dylucks game.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I could have sworn that copyright laws only covered selling or claims of originality. I'll have to check on that (dont expect me to, i'm lazy, VERY lazy).
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I'll be able to release the game, once I get word back from my host on the address of the link. That leaves me about ooh 9 hours or so before the deadline day is passed for me. :)

So anyways, I was planning to release the game today, but don't you think right now you'd all probably be scrambling to cook up that 500 ignots or more to buy an estate before the wipe? I know I probably would.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I probbaly could if i workjed 24-7, but it's boring, really. Ules doesn't need a house, he can just sleep in the wild with the cuddly skeletons like always. I want a good singleplayer game for when players aren't online.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Earning the extra money to get a property? Nonsense, paying passerbys tremendous amounts of gold to do things is far more entertaining.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

whatever.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Unfortunately I have not recieved word from my host yet, so I was not able to release the game by this deadline. However, the issue should be resolved soon and the game should be released any time during the next few days. Doesn't it seem like a chaotic time right now though? I'd hate to have to compete with the real Illarion for playing time right now.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Cassandra Fjurin wrote: This is wrong. The law says: All sourcecodes, sounds, graphics which where made from us for illarion are automatically under the copyright of the illarion ev. There is no need to "copyright" them. We are the authors, creators and we (not really we more the Illarion ev.) has all rights on it. Only the Illarion ev can decide who is allowed to use or copy them. Excepted are free Graphics or Sounds from the net. But with the new client there won't be such things. This will be only own Sounds, Graphic and so on.

But think that noone of us has something against the usage in dylucks game.
I checked, and unless you state otherwise, by default, others can't reproduce the work (I geuss music included). My mistake. Sorry
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Hey any word on this yet?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Sorry folks, but hosting problems are still being resolved so I'll have to hold out on ya'll a bit longer. But the game'll be up as soon as they're resolved. If anyone has some 25MB or so of webspace to backup mah' game I reckon' that might speed things up too. :wink: Not directly related but I have been pretty busy myself anyways, seeing as how it's that time of the year again for us quadranglian types. Hopefully I'll have some time to write a small walkthrough by the time the game's out.
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

I got some space still I think. Wanna talk on MSN or AIM or any other messanging service?
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I can donate 30Mb of hosting, and (allegedly) unlimited bandwidth.