Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:15 pm
The Magic Academy
All you that seek knowledge, are in the right place. This is the Magic academy of Gobaith, the oldest and most successful magic academy on the whole isle, which for many years now, has been bringing knowledge and skill to young, talented mages and battlemages. As smiths all over the world, use their smithy to craft the most amazing metals, so does the Academy craft the minds of those that want to learn.
Welcome and may you become all that is in you to become.
For long now this place has laid dormant, being visited only for minutes at a time, left empty and desolate. This will stop now.. From this day forward, under new leadership and organization, the Magic Academy proudly opens its gates to those that seek to cultivate their minds and spirits, with the hope that its true purpose is restored. It will once again be the place of learning, experimentation and research, as it was in the old days.
The Magic Academy offers commodities for the students and mages alike, research grounds, a grand library with books from all corners of the world on many subjects, a teaching room where worthy students can receive power over runes, and last but not least, classes on different subjects held by our foremost experts in those fields.
- Henceforth the structure of the academy rankings shall be broken down into a much more simplistic form. The title of Arch-mage will no longer exist in the magic academy nor shall it give sovereign right over the academy land or property. Instead the academy shall now be used as a utility for all those who wish to further the teachings of the arcane arts.
Rank Advancement shall be handled in a much more simplistic way as well. The instructor will now decide how and when their students will advance in rank. When rank advancement is achieved the instructor should announce the applicant upon our walls for this elevation of status. Should the instructor feel a student is not ready to advance in rank they may choose to withhold advancement until they believe the student capable.
Lastly, all declared and listed instructors together will act as a council concerning all further major changes to the academies rules and properties, as well as the instating of new instructors. As not all instructors are expected to be present at all times, majority votes for any large changes will be taken within the pool of active instructors, with time left for lesser active instructors to cast vote and add opinion before any ruling is passed. All instructors should feel free to leave their words upon our walls or call for meeting should they disagree with any rulings or seek potential changes.
The Retainer of the academy shall act as the voice of the academy as well as the unofficial leader. The job of the retainer is NOT to mandate how other instructors choose to teach their students, nor to make up new rules of his or her own accord. The Retainer shall however enforce the general rules of the academy and seek to maintain a cooperative and peaceful environment on the lands. The retainer shall hold rights over the access granted to the grounds by both guest and instructor, but shall not withhold such rights from other instructors based upon bias or prejudice. The retainer also holds rights to any changes made to the properties of the academy henceforth. Retainer is a mutable position which at any time can be placed upon vote by a council of his or her peers, to be kept or replaced. Lastly the title of Retainer is never hand passed to another, should the current retainer be unable to do the job a vote shall be cast for his replacement. Only in the case of no other Master mages being active does the title pass to the single remaining instructor.
These are the mages that have earned the right to teach. Instructors may take on any number of students they feel they are capable of reasonably handling. Instructors must remain aware that every student under there instruction is also their responsibility. Should a student misbehave, injure another student or instructor maliciously or damage academy property be aware that this behavior will reflect upon the instructor just as much as the student. At any point and time should an instructor feel they are not able to retain a student (due to behavior or personal time) they are thus free to denounce that student. The former instructor is asked to at least personally disclose the nature of the denouncement to any interested future teachers who may want to take in a denounced student.
These are the students that have received their 18th rune and declared publicly (upon these walls) to have advanced to this rank by their instructor. Without declaration from said instructor, the student or students in question will still be considered of the former ranking. declared mage's may want to consider becoming tutors (at the digression of the students current instructor) for other academy students to help further their skill and understanding should they want to become instructors themselves.
The students that possess at least one rune and generally less then seventeen, or have passed the initiate's test. This is the stepping stone from being only a mere novice to becoming a powerful and wise mage. They are urged to follow classes and participate at all experiments conducted, as well as always displaying an excellent moral conduct to their younger colleagues and teachers. The sub title of Adept shall be granted by the instructor at whatever number of runes and knowledge they decide is personally acceptable for their students on an individual basis
The young student that possesses no runes, and little to none magical knowledge, is known as Novice. Applicants are allowed to use the academy ground to request and look for instruction from a master mage. Applicants are also urged to attend any open lectures held by instructors and to familiarize themselves with the content of the academy library.
- - From now on the rank advancement shall be at the digression of the instructor toward his or her own students and apprentices.
Rules and regulations
- - Magic is not a toy. Treat it with care and do not abuse it. Those whom abuse there magic run the risk of losing access to further runes in the future, for as long as deemed necessary by consensus of the current instructors. In the most severe of cases confinement and the removal of runes may apply as punishment.
- The Academy is neutral territory used as a utility to allow for the furtherance of the arcane arts. As such all instructors, students and guests are expected to leave their personal squabbles and disagreements outside of the academy grounds. Violence enacted on the academy ground towards another will result in removal from the grounds and potential loss of access. This applies to EVERYONE.
- It is not the job of one instructor to punish the students of another. Should a student act poorly in the judgment of another instructor, report as such to their current teacher and allow him or her to act accordingly. Instructors are however permitted to remove students and guests from the ground should the action of these individuals become to disruptive or hostile.
- Personal disputes and affiliations outside of the academy should be handled outside of the academy alone. It is expected that fellow members of the academy try to solve all problems between each other in a civil manner, however it is understood that this will not always be the case. While physically upon academy grounds no externally motivated affairs should lead to violence against an instructor or peer. All disputes between academy members will be handled on a case by case basis to decide if further actions are needed.
The academy banner shall not be and should never be used as claim for hostile actions against the people of the isle. What an instructor and his or her apprentices choose to do outside of the ground is left in their own volition. Should you commit a crime punishable by the laws of another territory on Gobiath the academy will not protect you from receiving justice unless very good cause is given for believe in ones innocence of criminal behavior (such as being present on academy grounds at the time of said offense).
- Armed guests and or militant forces are not tolerated on the academy grounds. Should one come with the expectation of violence to the academy expect to be removed, by force if need be.
- Dangerous experiments are not to be conducted by inexperienced ones. Those that put the lives of others in danger, as well as their own. Serious offenses can lead to expulsion.
- The teaching room's magic word shall never be revealed to those incapable of declaring their agenda to all present members of the academy. No longer do the strict regulations that forbid some from teaching and others from not exist. As such you will not be turned away from the academy based upon any personal or political bias. This said it does not take very much effort to express your desire to instruct openly. It is expected that you at least give that much in return for use of the academy grounds.
- Declared mages (graduated students) are not instructors, and must apply for the rights to instruct just as all other mage's must do.
- All common rules of decency and politeness apply to all members, ranked or not, inside or outside the Academy walls.
Amarien von Varda
- - Magic Theory
- Blood Magic
- Battle Magic and Tactics.
- Elemental Magic
- Field Experiments and Research
- Magical Cultures and Sub sects
- Illusion Magic
- Creative Literature
All applications for membership shall be pinned on these wall as follows:
Subjects to be followed:
Old language ((german)) / New language ((english))