Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:09 pm
Sadly we honor Arameh's need to depart and the cause, though unknown to us ((save ooc)), we still know is honorable and just. I accept the responsibility of High Knight in the meantime. All things will proceed as they were under Arameh's lead unless told otherwise by myself. All rules and prinicipals are the same. I will work extra hard to make sure our bonds stay strong and true, and know I can expect the same from all of you. Long live Kallahorn!
The following message is re-written in a similar blue ink, the writing is easy to read and clear
The Knighthood of Kallahorn is a rather old group, aged by a few years, it has also suffered many changes and such. It once was a powerful force that had been teared apart, caused by the lack of members and supervision to the current ones. It is now I, Mark Strongarm, who wish and will continue to try making it a strong and honorable guild as it once was, with the help of any of you who have hope into it.
The basics of the knighthood are : Justice, honor and loyalty, only a member who takes theses very seriously will become a knight. The objectives of the knighthood are to protect the innocents and the weak, to fight any group who wish to cause bloodshed and harm and to help people all over Gobiath, in any way possible.
A full knight needs to be able to think by himself or herself, has to be able to make decisions and needs to have enought judgement to evaluate what is right, and what is not. A knight also must never allow himself or herself to lie or to leave a fellow alone in the danger without helping. As well, knights needs to train with their weapons of choice, so they can better protect themselves and others.
To join us, you need to ask myself, then I will give you a small task to know if you really are interested, then a few days after I will be asking if you are ready to swear the oath. The oath consists of simple things you will swear to do, such as to never lie, do what you think right and train to be more able to protect others, after swearing the oath you are a page and should never leave the knighthood's way for any reasons.
Joining Kallahorn also has some gains, first on, free training will be offered by the knighthood as well as the training items , also, some equipment and weapons will be given to you as you raise in rank.
The members will also be asked to wear our new coat of arms, to be put over the armor.
Rules and principles:
1) Never break the oath you have sworn to be apart of the Knighthood. All words you swear bind you to the Knighthood in everyway, breaking any part of it will lead to varying degrees of punishment. To swear the oath and abandon the Knighthood entirely without a valid explanation will lead to severe actions by the leadership of the Knighthood.
2) Unwaivering loyalty to the Knighthood and the Castle.
3) Never fleeing combat save for in a duel, you will never run away when your comrades are still fighting.
4) Never dishonoring a lady, if your lady is dishonored you will defend her honor with your blade if it calls for it. Nor to express vulgar language in the vicinity of a lady.
5) Carry respect for yourself and your Knighthood, if anyone insults our Knighthood one must stand for the honor of our Knighthood in combat if need be. This applies only to Knights of Kallahorn.
6) You must never attack an unaware opponent in any way, you can only attack one's back if this one turned his back on purpose. You must also never attack someone unarmed, with exception of certain creatures of malcontent.
7) A knight must never decline a duel of honor. A duel of honor is whenever one insults your honor, be it your lady, your courage, your skill or your family name, the duel last until one side gives in. Winning the duel or fighting to the death is the only way to keep your honor.
8 ) A member of the knighthood has to call a superior ranked by 'sir' for squires and 'lord' for knights, including to obey his orders no matter what asked, authority abuses can be reported to a knight and will be dealt with accordingly.
Breaking one of these rules can lead to certain punishments, depending on the severity, they can lead to forced works, amends, lowering in rank and even banning.
Ranks and Members:
Gildon de Vymont
Drendell Da' Ruhk
Donations for "The donation race"
Amroth Surion --------------------- 45 silvers
Matholamew Dunsinane----------- 13 silvers
Skaalib Drurr----------------------- 14 silvers
Deuce------------------------------- 9 silvers
Avandane Arenzor----------------- 45 coppers
Gildon de Vymont
Drendell Da' Ruhk
What squires should teach to pages :
- Basic overall knowledges that the page might not know, as in to how to find certain items, might it be ressources, equipment, weapons or anything else, any questions the page has should be asked to the squire first.
- Basic training into fighting, helping the page into chosing a weapon to use and showing the page where to train, how to get needed equipment, food and any other things needed.
- Basic teachings about the principles and the rules of the knighthood, to ensure the page will not cause troubles in any ways and will follow the rules, have a little responsibility on him.
- Basic knowledges about trading and ways to gain money, manners and ways to communicate with others, as well as informations about gods and races. (optional)
What knights should teach to squires :
- Advanced training in fighting, tactical fighting in different aspects (which will not be mentioned publicly). The squire must have total control of his weapon of choice before he can ascend to knight.
- Advanced knowledges about the rules and principles of the knighthood must be tought, a squire needs to know all the rules and understand all principles of the knighthood before raising in rank.
- Advanced knowledges about craftmanship, trading and other ways to gain money, the squire needs to have the ability to get his own money before becoming a knight.
- Advanced knowledges about gods and races, the squire has to pass some tests of overall knowledges, manners and communication can also be tought if it is needed.
Current news :
Donations to a knight are now enforced with the new 'game', more details on the previous kallahorn pages.
High Knight Of Kallahorn